Download a document version of Steven’s Resume.
IE University, Madrid, Spain. October 2015 to July 2016 .
M.A. in Visual and Digital Media.
University Colorado Boulder, Boulder, CO, 2011 to 2014.
B.S. in Journalism, News-Editorial and B.A. in Jewish Studies.
Alpha Epsilon Pi technology chair, Hillel board member, Chabad, CU Students for Israel, Challah for Hunger’s Outreach & Greek Life Coordinator.
Nativ College Leadership Program, Israel, September 2010 to May 2011.
Gap year program with intensive Hebrew classes and volunteering.
- Social Media Skills: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google Plus, HootSuite, Buffer.
- Certifications: Google Adwords
- Proficient in: Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Apple: Keynote, Numbers, Pages, Final Cut Pro X. Adobe: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, Muse. Google: Calendar, Drive, Docs, Groups.
Right Left Agency, January 2017 to Present.
- Create visual content for web and print.
- Manage PPC in Google Adwords, Bing Ads and Facebook Ads.
- Build A/B test pages in Unbounce.
TravelToBlank.com, October 2015 to Present.
Travel Guide Writer and Social Media Manager
- Designed, created and maintain travel guide website on WordPress.
- Wrote walking travel guides for multiple cities with tight deadlines.
- Governed online traffic, social media, and SEO to create advertising revenue for TravelToBlank.com.
- Grew website to 10,000+ web views per month.
- Created and grew social media accounts to 80,000+ followers.
- Created content for tourism boards, hotels, tours and travel related products.
Harbendahl Design, Guyaquil, Ecuador, September 2014 to September 2015.
Chief of Management and Social Media
- Responsible for building web sites with HTML and WordPress, and creating social media content and driving relevant traffic to small business customer’s site.
- Digital media consulting with several clients including Claro, Seguros Rocafuerte and Ciudad Celeste.
ShelfX Inc., Boulder, Colorado, May 2013 to July 2014.
- Handled office, sales calls and customer service operations for automated vending refrigerator startup.
- Streamlined order fulfillment time from one week to one day, creating a fulfillment checklist. Wrote technical installation guide and FAQ’s for automated shelving units.
- Worked on projects in production, including soldering and assembling electronic components.
Boulder Weekly, Boulder, Colorado, May 2014 to July 2014.
Environmental Reporting Intern
- Pitched, reported and wrote environmental related articles and news briefs weekly for newspaper read by 25,000 people per week.
- Found, contacted and interviewed multiple leads for articles.
- Had an article featured on cover of quarterly environmental magazine.
OyVey Information Technologies, Boulder, Colorado, 2013 to July 2014
- Provided on-site technology support and training for individuals and small businesses.
Menu Sherpa, Boulder, Colorado, August 2012 to August 2013
Social Media Guru
- In charge of the social media, guerrilla marketing, band development and awareness, along with web site traffic growth.
Boulder Jewish News, Boulder, Colorado, September 2011 to May 2012
- Wrote weekly articles about events on CU campus.
- Promoted and maintained the BJN Mitzvah Directory.
- Maintained twitter account @CUJewishBuffs.
- Honors: Finalist for BN Student award at the 2014 Shorty Awards.
- Professional Affiliations: Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity.
- Volunteered: Linking Hearts (2011-2012), Hot Plate Soup Kitchen (2011), Akim Israel (2011).